Alameda County Discrimination and Harassment Attorneys
Alameda County Employment Attorneys
With experience, guidance and service, Bohbot & Riles provides Bay Area clients with high-quality legal representation in the area of employment discrimination and harassment laws, wrongful termination and more. Our attorneys have 30 years of collective experience and know that putting your needs before our goals is the surest path to success. To have Bohbot & Riles evaluate your potential case, please complete a case submission questionnaire. If we can assist you, we will contact you to arrange a free initial consultation.
- Discrimination: Our Alameda County discrimination and harassment lawyers fight back on the behalf of employees who have suffered discrimination based on age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, among other things.
- Sexual harassment: We offer vigorous and successful legal help to women and men who have been victims of sexual harassment in the workplace. Federal and state law is on your side, and so are we.
- Retaliation and whistleblower claims: If you report wrongdoing in the workplace, you are protected from wrongful termination, demotion and other retaliatory actions. Our attorneys protect the rights of employees who have faced retaliation for "blowing the whistle" on illegal activity.
- Reasonable accommodations: Our Oakland employment law attorneys protect the rights of disabled workers whose employers have failed to provide reasonable accommodations. If you have cancer, depression, a hearing or visual impairment, are in a wheelchair, or have any other type of disability and are not being provided reasonable work accommodations, our law firm would like to help you.
- FMLA and other leave issues: The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) protect employees from termination and other types of retaliation for taking up to 12 weeks of leave in a 12-month timeframe. If you have to take leave due to complications during pregnancy, a surgery or to care for a sick family member, you cannot be fired.
- Wage-hour issues: We handle all wage-hour issues involving appropriate pay for hours worked. If you have been misclassified as an independent contractor, not paid for overtime you worked or have had your pay withheld, talk to our law firm.
- Severance: We review, negotiate and litigate matters involving severance pay and severance agreements. If you have been terminated for your job or asked to resign, our law firm can protect your rights and interests in this final agreement with your employer.
- Consultation: At-will employment does not mean that you can handle personnel matters in manner you choose. If you are an employer who is concerned by these potential personnel issues, and wish to ensure your business thrives with the help of your employees, then let us review your policies and procedures, consult with you about improvements you should implement to ensure success.
- Personal injury: As personal injury attorneys, we handle claims arising from car accidents, dog bites, and slip-and-fall accidents. If you have been injured due to the negligence of another person, our law firm can handle all negotiations and interactions with the person at fault, his or her representative or insurance company to ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses.
- Immigration: We offer a complete line of immigration, naturalization and citizenship services. Our immigration lawyers help families come together and businesses succeed. Talk to us about family-based visas, employment visas, removal proceedings and much more.
Our California attorneys look forward to helping you resolve your employment law issues. Please contact us by submitting a case submission questionnaire or checking out our related business site at www.bohbotandriles.com, If we are able to assist you, we will.