Dedicated Representation When Your Employee Rights Are Violated
With experience, guidance and service, we provide Bay Area clients with high-quality legal representation in the areas of employment discrimination, harassment laws, wrongful termination and more. At Bohbot & Riles, PC, Attorneys at Law, we have 40 years of collective experience and know that putting your needs before our goals is the surest path to success.
To have us evaluate your potential case, please complete a case submission questionnaire. If we can assist you, we will contact you to arrange a free initial consultation. We assist with cases involving:
- Discrimination. Our Alameda County discrimination and harassment lawyers fight back on the behalf of employees who have suffered discrimination based on age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability, among other things.
- Sexual harassment. We offer vigorous and successful legal help to women and men who have been victims of sexual harassment in the workplace. Federal and state law is on your side, and so are we.
- Retaliation and whistleblower claims. If you report wrongdoing in the workplace, the law protects you from wrongful termination, demotion and other retaliatory actions. Our attorneys protect the rights of employees who have faced retaliation for blowing the whistle on illegal activities.
- Reasonable accommodations. Our attorneys protect the rights of disabled workers whose employers have failed to provide reasonable accommodations. If you have cancer, depression, a hearing or visual impairment, are in a wheelchair or have any other type of disability, and are not being provided reasonable work accommodations, our law firm would like to help you.
- FMLA and other leave issues. The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) protect employees from termination and other types of retaliation for taking up to 12 weeks of leave in a 12-month time frame. If you must take leave due to complications during pregnancy, a surgery or to care for a sick family member, your employer cannot fire you.
- Wage-hour issues. We handle all wage-hour issues involving appropriate pay for hours worked. If your employer misclassified you as an independent contractor, failed to pay you for overtime work or withheld your pay, talk to our law firm.
- Severance. We review, negotiate and litigate matters involving severance pay, and severance agreements. If you were terminated from your job or asked to resign, our law firm can protect your rights and interests in this final agreement with your employer.
- Human resources counseling. At-will employment does not mean that you can handle personnel matters in any manner you choose. If you are an employer who is concerned by these potential personnel issues and wish to ensure your business thrives with the help of your employees, then let us review your policies and procedures, and consult with you about improvements you should implement to ensure success.
- Personal injury. As personal injury attorneys, we handle claims arising from car accidents, dog bites, and slip-and-fall accidents. If the negligence of another caused your injury, our law firm can handle all negotiations and interactions with the person at fault, his or her representative, or the insurance company to ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses.
Learn How We Can Assist With Your Case
Our California attorneys look forward to helping you resolve your employment law issues. Please contact us by calling 510-250-7278 or by filling out the case submission questionnaire. If we are able to assist you, we will contact you to schedule a free initial consultation at our convenient Oakland office.